FAQ & Terms
Traditionally, vehicle financing solutions require individuals to put up large amounts of collateral and long approval processes with no guarantee. Instead of requiring cash and guarantees upfront, Spring Free EV uses a pay-per-mile subscription model, charging customers a fee per mile driven.
You will have to pay $250 in order to reserve your EV. Also, while we do not require a traditional large down payment or deposit, you are required to make a refundable $1000 security deposit.
- $0.34/mile, 1700 miles min/month (max payment capped at 2400 miles)
- $1,000 refundable deposit
- $250 to secure your vehicle order, refundable until vehicle VIN assignment
- Customers pay for titling/registration fees and any applicable sales tax
- Contract term is 3 months, auto renews
If you would like to get started with us, please fill out this form HERE and one of our EV specialists will work with you each step of the way through the application process.
We recommend that you do your due diligence on the make and model of vehicles in your fleet to understand the basics of your fleet and the needs specific to your EVs. In general there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Air Filters – Although an EV does not require air filters for any of the engine components, every make and model requires cabin air filters. These filters are to prevent debris from entering the cabin through the AC/Heater vents. They typically only need to be replaced once a year.
- Tires – Not only does the increased weight from the EV battery mean longer braking distances, but also the high instant torque of the electric powertrain means more tire wear too. EV tires can wear out fast! Fortunately, tire retailers are upgrading the rubber in their tires to withstand heavier weight and higher torque. We advise tires should be rotated every 6,250 miles to be safe. When the tire tread is less than 1/16 of an inch thick, make sure to replace them immediately.
- Windshield wipers and wiper fluid – Most auto body shops can assist with this, even traditional repair shops. Windshield wipers and wiper fluid will be specific to your vehicle make and model so make sure to check your owner manual to confirm details.
- Brakes – Most electric vehicles utilize regenerative braking which is a way of running the motor in reverse and absorbing some of the energy back into the battery for preserving your range. Nonetheless, you will need to check your brake pads for normal wear but most EVs will average 100,000 miles before replacing the pads.
- Over-the-air (OTA) software updates – Many electric cars have the benefit of a robust computer system capable of receiving OTA software updates. Check your owners manual or connected car app for details. It is best to have the EV connected to Wifi when making an OTA update.
- You shall not drive the Vehicle in violation of law, including, but not limited to, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or in breach of any federal, state or local rules or regulations. You shall not go off-roading with the Vehicle, race the Vehicle, or drive the Vehicle outside of the continental United States.
- You are not authorized to modify the Vehicle from factory specifications or as otherwise delivered to you
- For so long as the Vehicle remains subject to your active subscription, you assume full and sole financial responsibility for, and shall indemnify Spring Free for, all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from damage to, or destruction of, the Vehicle, the theft or abandonment of, or any governmental authority taking possession of, the Vehicle and any parking or traffic tickets, tow charges or other fines, taxes, penalties or fees arising from the operation of the Vehicle.
- You are responsible for submitting all claims and securing needed repairs within 48 hours of the incident and shall be solely liable for all expenses related thereto. You are responsible for the Vehicle’s routine repair, maintenance and incidental costs, including brake pad replacement, windshield wiper and replacement fluid, Vehicle charging, and replacing tires in accordance with the tire manufacturer’s scheduled maintenance guidelines or earlier if appropriate. Material repairs including Replacement tires will be of the same or better quality than the factory-installed tires.
- You agree to (i) procure and maintain automobile insurance coverage meeting state law minimum requirements with collision coverage, a collision deductible not more than $1,000, and total liability coverage of not less than $50,000; (ii) maintain proof of insurance required hereunder and provide Spring Free with proof of such insurance (x) upon Spring Free’s request, and (y) no less than two (2) days prior to delivery of the Vehicle; and (iii) name Spring Free Trust as the Loss Payee, or equivalent, on all insurance policies required hereunder.